Excellent asset! I needed something like this. Thanks!
RPG Battle System for GameMaker Studio: 2
A downloadable asset pack for Windows
What is this asset?
This asset is a battle system for GameMaker Studio 2 with many features:
- Single Hero vs Single Monster battles as in Dragon Quest 1
- Launch battles from World Map (and return to it afterwards)
- Placeholder code for player death
- Player gains XP and Gold after each successful battle (but not for cowardly running!)
- Monsters have access to different spells/abilities and it's easy to add and modify your own as well as change the existing monsters
- Example arrays + enumerators included as a basis for a much larger game
- Screen-shake when player takes damage
- Message system displays messages dynamically
- Basic player death animation - easily replaceable
- Originally a YouTube tutorial series, this file contains all of the code found in the 3+ hours of videos, plus additional features only available here
This download includes all the code from episodes 1-4 of my Classic NES Battle System, along with the Addendum episode (launching battles from the world map as well as returning to the world map).
That's a total of 3 hours+ of video time in one condensed package!
I also spent some time cleaning up the code, creating enumerators as an example for use and for easier readability and a few other goodies!
Supporting me through Itch means a lot to me and will show me that there's a demand for this kind of content. The more support I get, the higher quality videos I'll be able to produce as I'll be able to spend more time on them rather than freelancing.
In case you found me through Itch rather than YouTube, here's a link to the first episode of the tutorial:
|Updated||21 days ago|
|Release date||Jan 19, 2019|
|Tags||2D, battle, Fantasy, Game engine, GameMaker, JRPG, Singleplayer, Turn-based, tutorial|
|License||Artistic License 2.0|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few seconds|
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: